Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Renewed Spaces Part One! Sweet little Dag

(this is a stack of cubes Josh made, we just laid them on there side, it makes a perfect place for Dag to play)
It feels so good to Renew a space doesn't it?

(I just love how bright and sunny his room is)
We finally got his big boy crib set up thanks to my friend Laura who had a mattress :)



this is the name square of the little rag quilt I made him last year


The older kids and I put this shadow box together one saturday a few months back. The two little shirts a friend made for Dagnae when he was born. The giraffe was the first toy I made him, he wouldn't let go of it for the first 6 months or so. And the little Peter Rabbit patch is a scrap from his quilt.
I also thought I would hang his First Birthday Crown with the box. It just seemed to complete every thing.


Oh and last but not least this awesome little rug finishes of the room.
Can any one guess what it is made from?
Yes! those silly old ,so thick you can't stand a cup on them place mats (you the ones all our grandmas had,God rest their souls). Well I finally found a good use for them! This rug. It was great to go into my favorite thrift store and see that stack of eight blue place mats. My first thought was, Hey! those would make a great rug, and they did.

Well as I said this just part one. We have been doing a lot of space renewing around here as of late. I thinks it's due to the new season and excitement of a new baby. It seems only fitting that the inside should get a freshening up along with every thing out side coming back to life. So stay tuned for more.

Thanks for stopping by, it's always a pleasure,
Love Melly :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. Are you nesting? lol
Liz

Jenny'sMomma said...

I agree! She's totally nesting! LOL

Melly said...

HAha! I know have birthday things to make for Trace maybe I am nesting but shouldn't I be nesting for the baby. Well I guess that's kind of hard when we don't if it's a boy or girl. So I'll stick to doing stuff for everyone else for know....

Audra said...

At least I'm not the only one nesting! I'm inspired by your changes and I love the rug! Very creative. I've been thinking of you as you get closer, one day at a time!