Thursday, October 1, 2009

THE SWEATER!!!!

Wow I can't believe I knit my first sweater! I am so pleased with how well it came out. The pattern was so great and simple to follow. With 5 little ones running around I need simple, or it doesn't get done. Sorry the pictures aren't so good (need a new camera). I was able to find some lovely buttons to go with it they are clay with sail boats on them. I was so glad to find them. While making the sweater I said to one of my sisters doesn't the color remind you of the sea! So the sail boats were a must. Isn't Dag so cute! The sweater makes him so iresistable to being held and held and held!
But then again he is 11 months so the holding only lasts so long ( they grow to fast).









It took me just a week, friday to friday. The rest of the kids want one. So here I go knit, knit, knit!!! I will share pictures as they happen.


3 comments:

Kate Dickey said...

Melly, the sweater is adorable and I LOVE the color too! I can't wait to see it in person and to hold hold hold that little guy too!

Melly said...

thanks Kate :) we are all waiting impatiently to see you also. lots of love from here to there! oxoxo melly

Sharon said...

Awww no fair! I don't get to hold hold hold the little guy! But the sweater is almost as cute as he is. :o) Love ya!